Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Very excited about tickets I just had delivered to my house today! C and L's Best bestest play...Arts Centre, New years day.
For my more sophisticated reader, or should I say sophistama-cated reader, this may seem a bit ridiculous for a grown woman to be excited about going to see a children's production of an ever so slightly annoying cartoon show...But I am!!
My mum took me to see Philippe Genty when I was a wee little girl in the 1970's, and it blew my mind! It was like crazy European muppets..now of course Philippe Genty is very grown up and esoteric, still full of whimsy and humour, but different to the whacked out 70's version that I saw.
Zigmund follies
So, what I'm getting at is, I hope that the experience of going to the theatre has some kind of impact on my kids, so when they're all grown up, they remember that whacked out show they saw with the crazy cardboard cut-outs... who knows...I'm just excited.
It's no wonder I like French things.
Il n'est pas étonnant que j'aime ce qui est français! 
Please let me know if this is a ridiculous translation.

No comments: