Thursday, February 24, 2011

Morning tea police

Zucchini bread, zucchini bread, have ye any nuts?
My zucchini bread has no nuts!
I am very cross that our homemade zucchini and carrot bread was sent home with two mouthfuls
taken out of it. I guess that the 2 table spoons of cocoa must have outwayed the two CUPS of
zucchini and carrot that were in there.
Kinder snoops keep your nose out of my girls' morning tea!
There was nothing to put any other kid at risk in the cake, I'm not an idiot.!
Plus, I am pretty sure E explained there was vege in the cake and I don't think They
listened...I'm getting the feeling that E might not be listened to a bit...I know she has
been trying to explain that she knows a bit of French for a few weeks now...But the teacher
keeps telling her to not to talk.
E does talk a lot, so I guess the teacher might not know the difference of chit chat and
when she really has something to say.

Anyway....here is the recipe

Turn the oven on to about 180 degrees (350 degrees if you live north)
You'll need 2 loaf tins, or 1 loaf tin and a muffin tray
And a big mixing bowl

3 eggs
2 cups of sugar, or less it works just as well with 1 cup, or even honey.
1 cup of oil, I use rice bran oil, it works with any oil.
3 teas vanilla
2 cups of grated fruit or vege, carrot, zucchini,apple, beetroot, banana, blueberries...
3 cups of plain flour. You can substitute 1 cup for self raising,whole meal,almond meal,oats or muesli.
1/4 teas baking powder
2 teas baking soda
1 teas salt
3 teas cinnamon
(2 tablespoons of cocoa)

Beat eggs until fluffy.
Add sugar, oil, and vanilla.
Blend well. Sift all the dry ingredients and combine well with a spoon.
Pour the mix into the loaf tin, about 2/3 of the tin is about right, and the rest into a
muffin tray. ( that's what I do)

Put in the oven for about 1 hour, check the muffins after 20 mins.
It's ready when you pop in a skewer and it comes out clean.
Leave in the tin for a few minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
If you can't wait slice, spread with butter and stuff your face.

No comments: